There is a danger when you boil something complex down to something simple, you can miss the important detail.
So think of these 10 steps as fundamentally heading in the right recovery direction if you are a mid to large scale business with complex IT, comprised of legacy assets along with some new cloud applications that are the future of your business.
This is a useful structure to converse with your CEO to reassure them that fundamentally you have grip on availability and recovery without inducing them into a deep sleep.
The link below will provide more detail but if you want to know more contact us to learn more about how we recover complex IT with physical and virtual environments and provide you with managed recovery that comes with attractive recovery SLAs
1. Identify the business availability requirements
2. Show you understand the business/IT risks
3. Map the IT dependencies
4. Tier the business applications criticality
5. Apply the right recovery technologies - aligned to your critical applications
6. Document and automate recovery processes/SLAs
7. Protect your data - export it out of the business in the right formats for recovery and archiving
8. Connect your recovery data to the recovery server/cloud environments
9. Execute: show clear roles and responsibilities at time of test and disaster
10. Manage the lifecycle of changes
Typically, customers tell us they either over- or under-engineer the recovery solution, investing too little or too much and not delivering the optimal recovery performance stakeholders across the business want.